- 3 large egg whites
- pinch cream of tartar
- 1 heaped tablespoon cornflour
- 120g icing sugar
- 132g caster sugar
- green food colouring
- 300ml Bulla dollop cream
- 250g good quality milk chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 110°C (90°C fan-forced). Trace 6 circles in graduating sizes onto a piece of baking paper that fits your tray 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2cm. Turn
- the baking paper over and place it on the tray.
- Sift cornflour and icing sugar together. Whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar until you reach a firm peak and gradually add in the caster sugar, whisking for a minute to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the mixer and fold through cornflour and icing sugar mixture.
- Place an 8mm-10mm piping tube in a piping bag and pipe discs using the marked circles as a guide. With the remaining meringue mixture, pipe individual meringue kisses with one quarter of the mixture onto a lined flat tray with a 10mm piping tube.
- Add a small amount of green colour to create a pastel green finish and pipe one third of the remaining mixture into kisses. Add additional green colour and pipe half into kisses, once again add more colour to the remaining meringue and pipe into kisses.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the meringue is crunchy.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until it has melted. Fold a small amount of the cream through the chocolate and then add
- Set the chocolate cream aside at room temperature for 40 minutes or in the fridge for 10 minutes until it firms up enough to hold.
- To assemble, secure the largest meringue disc to your serving plate with a small dollop of chocolate cream. Spread a layer of chocolate cream on top and layer the next disc. Continue this process with the discs layered with chocolate cream. Coat the outside
with chocolate cream by piping it on or spreading it with a knife.
- Alternate the different coloured meringue kisses and place them on the outside, adhering them to the chocolate cream. This can be finished up to 5 hours in advance.
Note: The meringues can be stored in an airtight container for a week prior to assembly.